How to become an Insolvency Practitioner
All members carrying out insolvency work must hold a Practising Certificate.
In addition members wishing to carry out insolvency work as defined in the Insolvency Act 1986 (GB) and Insolvency (NI) Order 1989 must apply for and be granted an Insolvency Licence before accepting appointment.
The Regulations governing the grant and removal of Insolvency Licences are the Insolvency Licensing Regulations and Guidance.
To become a licensed insolvency practitioner, a member must:
- Pass the Joint Insolvency Examination Board;
- Comply with the Insolvency Regulations;
- Apply for an insolvency licence;
- Satisfy the Insolvency Licensing Committee that you are a fit and proper person;
- Be monitored by CARB;
- Pay the appropriate annual fee.